August 1, 2012

The G-spot

Seriously? I just hit the "next blog" button to see what juicy blog-ness this site had in store for the likes of me.

God. Jesus. God. Church. Heaven and Hell. God. God. Jesus. God. .. .. ...

I went through 15 or so, each one BAR NONE with a reference to God - including the one titled "The G-spot" which I thought was hilarious. And I don't mean the new-age spiritualist, pseudo-Christian, hippy-type God. I mean the fundamentalist American Bible-belt type God. Discussions about what there reverend had to say, what the next sermon should be, how grateful one should be to have Jesus in one's life and how fearful one should be that one might (God forbid) burn in hell for all eternity.

Granted, I didn't give them much time or even the philosophical and open mind I would hope my readers have when reading my stuff... but seriously. Where are all the hippies?

Let me give you an example. One blogger's under-title quote reads: "If any one saith, that Christ Jesus was given of God to men, as a redeemer in whom to trust, and not also as a legislator whom to obey; let him be anathema."

Its not that it offends me... I guess I just cant relate. Reading this just gave me the clear sign that I had nothing to learn there or, in fact, anything to lean into.

Click, another. Click, another. Click... and so on. That got me thinking...

Am I on the wrong bloggin' site or something?


1 comment:

  1. lol... kind of made me curious & did the same... look what I found... or in other words... Don't leave da blogger universe please! (: X
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZZ_8hAIY2g&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete